Rainbow Bridge

Home At Last Angels are the boxers who have come into our lives and because of our special Home At Last foster parents, were able to enjoy comfort and know what real love was before the end of their days here on earth. These special souls are missed but they live on in our hearts. Thank you to the kind and selfless foster parents who gave them everything they had.


Hello! I would like to present you my permanent foster Moose. Aka Moosifer, aka MousseMousse, aka Moosaka, aka Mooser. This gentle old man came to my home in the spring of 2011. He had been with BRQ since the summer of 2010, arriving from a local SPCA. Moose was like many boxers we take into our care, he was stressed and he had issues, not the least of which was one of aggression towards any other four legged creature. He could be on a walk, spot a dog two blocks away and change from a docile, sweet dog into a snarling lunatic. Along with this little issue he has an arthritic spine. Not quite a senior when he came to us but already just getting up in the morning was a painful struggle.

Many hours of work to overcome his aggressive behaviour, with the help of behaviourists, led to the successful transformation of our Moose. This was an expensive endeavor as it was a long process. As well as the cost of the behaviourists he had to be kennelled. We had no foster homes available that had no other animals. His back problems were brought under control with medication, massage and warmth. Once the aggression and the arthritis were dealt with we had the stress to conquer. This was the most difficult challenge. It took about seven months before he settled. This is a short version of some of the challenges and successes of one beautiful dog. 

2012 and 2013 were difficult for Moose health wise. He had surgery on both eyes, had a serious attack of pancreatitis which had him on an IV and lastly has had growths removed. Sadly, the growths were an aggressive form of cancer and his loving foster mom had to say goodbye to Moose in early 2014.

Harley Quinn

In March, 2012, Harley Quinn ( estimated to be approximately 10 years old) was rescued and brought to Boxer Rescue Quebec . He was considered an "outside farm dog" and had lived his life tied to a tree. He was brought to our vet where he was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma Cancer. An X-ray of his chest confirmed that it had spread to his lungs. Harley Quinn was given 4 to 6 weeks to live. Considered "unadoptable", Harley was brought home to spend his last weeks with his Foster Mom and 3 foster siblings. He would be cherished and loved for the short time he had left. Immediately put on a natural diet and given anti-cancer fighting supplements, Harley managed to beat the odds and spent a great two years with Boxer Rescue Quebec!  "Harley was kind hearted, loyal, loving and the most amazing dog I have ever known! I fell in love with him the first week I had him. I wanted to show him how much he was loved, even if it was just for a few weeks. I have been blessed to have had 2 wonderful years with him!" - Joanne BRQ HAL Foster mom


Text coming soon.


Text coming soon.


Well it's a few months since my last update.
It was a hard few months I must say, I dislocated a toe while zooming in the yard, I had more skin infection and then my lymph nodes got infected, I lost a lot of fur and well having a natural tail sometimes means that I wack it on things when I’m happy and it gets hurt but foster mom fixes me up and I heal nicely but the last time I hurt my tail the healing did not go well so after a few days mom brought me to the vet because it started turning black instead of healing. Bad news they had to amputate it. While they amputated my tail they took some biopsy of my skin because that also was not healing well and it started to calcify boy was I ever in a rough shape. 

The biopsies came back and they saw some Cushings in the results so they did the whole Cushings disease test on me it’s confirmed the results are positive I’m a Cushings dog just like my brother Moe. I was given meds to control the cortisol level in my body caused by the Cushings but after not even 2 weeks on the meds I started having seizures, my paws swelled up and walking what painful. Mom took me back to the vet and was ready to give up at this point but the vet said they would take me off the meds and give me an injection of prednisone to help with the swelling and see after a week. During that time mom decided to put me on some natural stuff to help me out and really hoped that it would work, I’m not sure what’s working but my fur is growing back, all the swelling is gone and I’m almost back to normal, well normal for a Cushings dog haha I’m always hungry, I drink a lot and I also have the pot belly but mom is happy to deal with this as long as I’m feeling better.

It was really hard to see me like this and mom thought a few times that it was time to give me my wings and let me be pain free. Boy I’m happy she kept going because I’m feeling much better now. Because of all my health issues the vet changed my age apparently I’m a senior of about 10 years old wow can you imagine my face when mom told me I was an old boy, my brother Moe is the old guy not me so I decided that he’s 10 and I’m 9 and a half BOL .

Sadly his loving foster mom said good bye to him - may he run in the fields pain free.